For the Dough You’ll Need:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups flour*
- Combine water, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook. Stir until dissolved. Add honey, salt and olive oil. Mix thoroughly. On medium add 1 cup of flour and make a wet paste.
- Add remaining flour and continue to mix on medium adding flour when needed so dough does not stick to sides of the bowl.
- Continue to mix dough for about 8-10 minutes until smooth.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel, Let rise for 45 minutes. If you have time, allow to rise slowly in the refrigerator. Overnight if possible.
- If dough has risen in the fridge, allow to rise at room temp before using.
To Make Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 500, 550 if you can and heat pizza stone for at least 15 minutes. The longer the better.
- Add a bit of flour to your pizza peel and form dough into desired size.
- Gently lift dough and add cornmeal to the pizza peel to allow dough to easily slide off.
- Add toppings
- Slide dough onto heated pizza stone and bake 5 minutes. Turn on broiler and continue to cook pizza until crust is golden and cheese id bubbly.
For the pizza pictured, I used one head roasted garlic mixed olive oil and a bit of melted butter for the base. Topped it with whole milk mozz, ricotta, and spinach.
* A note on flour. I use whatever I have available which is usually all purpose flour. I have used 00 flour and a mixture of different ones together. No matter what is used, your pizza will still be delicious. For this pizza, a mixture of 00 and all purples flour was used.